Experience the Best that Six Flags has to Offer.
There are many awesome reasons to work at Six Flags. Here’s just a taste of the benefits you won’t find anywhere else.
- Free Unlimited Admission for You and a Guest
- Flexible Schedules
- Exclusive Employee Events
- In-Park Discounts
Life Support OperatorApply
Job Summary: The Life Support Operator is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the aquatic animal life support systems (LSS).
Essential Job Duties:
- Follow all policies and procedures of Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Animal Care, and the Water Quality Department.
- Adhere to all federal and state guidelines, regulations, and laws.
- Basic operation of all LSS with some supervision.
- Conduct rounds of all filtration areas to inspect pumps, motors, generators, chillers, boilers, and other LSS equipment.
- Basic water testing using correct lab practices and procedures.
- Supervised addition of chemicals to LSS.
- Perform basic mechanical, electrical, and plumbing repairs and preventative maintenance with supervision.
- Maintain communication with Supervisors and other disciplines within the Aquatic Sciences and Animal Care Departments.
- Use computers for communication, LSS monitoring/operation, reference, and reports/logs.
- Keep records and inventory.
- Assist in animal medical procedures.
- Assist in animal moves and transport operations.
- Perform educational lectures, underwater dive shows and conduct tours as assigned.
- Assist in research projects.
- Participate in the inter- and intra-departmental cross training program.
- SCUBA dive in fresh and salt water pools and exhibits ranging from 45°F to 82°F to clean and perform maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be physically able to sit, stand, walk, duck, crawl, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights with fall protection, swim, and pass an annual physical exam and stress test.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in English.
- Must be able to use mathematics including geometry and algebra.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work days, nights, holidays, and weekends.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to operate vehicles (including but not limited to forklifts, golf carts, cars, trucks).
- Must possess an open water dive certification from a recognized agency or be able to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and follow MSDS/SDS.
Park: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom-CA36