Experience the Best that Six Flags has to Offer.
There are many awesome reasons to work at Six Flags. Here’s just a taste of the benefits you won’t find anywhere else.
- Free Unlimited Admission for You and a Guest
- Flexible Schedules
- Exclusive Employee Events
- In-Park Discounts
Entry Level-Sharks in the Dark InstructorApply
Responsible for the organization, instruction, and safety of the Sharks in the Dark programs designed for Guest ages 5 and above. Some instruction is in the classroom, much is engaged learning through hands-on activities involving games and animals at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.
Essential Job Duties:
- Instruct and actively participate in Sharks in the Dark activities with Guests
- Work closely as a team with other Sharks in the Dark employees
- Supervise and enforce rules and regulations with the Sharks in the Dark participants
- Prep and run activities such as squid dissection, scavenger hunt and other games
- Maintain count on participants as they travel through the park
- Oversee safety of participants, and may be trained in First Aid, CPR, and AED
- Must stay awake all through the night in shifts to maintain safety and count of participants
- Follow, administer, and implement all Six Flags Discovery Kingdom policies
- Respond to child and parent complaints and concerns
- Other duties as assigned
- Have Fun!
- Must be able to speak with excellent public speaking skills, in front of large groups of people
- Must enjoy working with Children and adults to be a positive role model for all guests
- Must be available to work nights and mornings on weekends and some weekdays. (Average shifts are 5:45pm-2am and 1:30am-10:00am. Must be able to work both shifts and be able to stay awake and active during those hours)
- Proven ability to respond appropriately in high stress situations
- Should exhibit good problem solving skills, be flexible, organized, creative, and outgoing
- Studies in biology and/or Education/Teaching, preferred
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment. Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be capable of working proactively, in a team and independently
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, and walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, push, or pull 50lbs with or without assistance
- Must be able to work in outdoor and indoor environments, around people and animals
Park: Six Flags Discovery Kingdom-CA36