Experience the Best that Six Flags has to Offer.
There are many awesome reasons to work at Six Flags. Here’s just a taste of the benefits you won’t find anywhere else.
- Free Unlimited Admission for You and a Guest
- Flexible Schedules
- Exclusive Employee Events
- In-Park Discounts
Full Time Mechanical Assistant LeadApply
FULL-TIME JOB OPENING
MECHANICAL ASSISTANT LEAD
Applicant must have a thorough knowledge of and experience with mechanical repairs, as well as proven leadership skills. Must have the ability to troubleshoot, maintain and repair mechanical equipment, including gears, speed reductions, lifts, bearings and hydraulics. Must have the proven ability to use these skills to ensure the safe operation, maintenance, and inspections of amusement rides, attractions and park facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To supervise the maintenance rehab, repair, inspection, and troubleshooting of rides, vehicles, infrastructure and attractions to ensure their safe and efficient operation.
- Ensure that specifications set by ride Back Up Procedures are complied with and documented.
- Inspect rides and attractions, notifying appropriate management of any and all hazards that may endanger our guests or employees.
- Direct, supervise, counsel and/or work in conjunction with others to solve ride related problems.
- Ensure that all rides are clean and visually in compliance with SFFT specifications, and the expectations of our guests and management team.
- Serve as shift Mechanical Lead and or Maintenance Duty Person, if requested.
- Willingness and ability to cross train in other areas and work such areas as needed during critical staffing periods.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 5 years' experience in mechanical field.
- Willingness and ability to be part of the TEAM
- Must be able to work varied shifts, nights and weekends included.
- Must possess advanced skills and proficient knowledge in four or more trades, from the following: mechanical, electrical, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, carpentry, welding, and small engine repair.
- Must have tools and equipment to perform required duties and skills as defined above.
- Must be able to troubleshoot clearly, calmly and safely in the presence of guests, co-workers and park management.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend English.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- Ability to work in all weather elements such as sun, heat, cold, rain and work at heights up to 200 feet.
Park: Fiesta Texas-TX14