Featured Jobs at The Great Escape Lodge
Maintenance Team MemberApply
Summary of Job:
- Repair and maintain all company equipment, structures, and furnishings. Perform all assignments as directed by their manager, assuring quality, timeliness, and cost effectiveness. Adhere to house rules, department policy, and safety standards. Promote teamwork and cooperation between co-workers, guests, and all departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle general room calls (TV's, Lights, plumbing, heating/cooling etc.)
- Complete projects as directed (including but not limited to: painting, drywall patching, general carpentry, general plumbing)
- Spot checking rooms making any necessary repairs
- Assist guests and visitors with needs on a daily basis
- Maintain the grounds around hotel and waterpark
- Maintain all maintenance vehicles an d supplies in a safe, clean, and orderly manner
- Pick up trash in and around the facility
- Perform repairs and test equipment, ranging from HVAC and refrigeration units to kitchen equipment, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, sheet metal, tile repair, roof repair, welding, painting, masonry, and appliances in a safe and timely manner
- Install any new equipment for the facility
- Properly complete the daily Maintenance Requests and/or log sheets and turns them in to the supervisor
- Perform all other tasks assigned by management
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- General knowledge in plumbing, electricity, HVAC, and carpentry
- General knowledge of tools used in above tasks
- General knowledge of power tools and lawn tools
- Must be able to use paints
- A willingness to help other departments as time permits
- Must be able to operate a 2-way communication system
- A willingness to learn
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs repeatedly
- Must be able to repeatedly and continuously bend/stoop, reach, lift/carry, push/pull, squat/kneel, and twist
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and other shifts as necessary
- Valid Driver's License and a clear driving record.
- All other duties assigned or necessary to support the park as a whole.
Park: The Great Escape Lodge
The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom, Lake George, NY Queensbury
The Most Exciting Employer in the Adirondacks
With over 125 rides, shows and attractions, The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom is a true "escape" nestled in the pristine Adirondack Mountains. Included in general admission is a state-of-the-art outdoor water park. With so many things to do, there is a plethora of exciting job opportunities awaiting you today.
Two charming children's areas are the centerpiece of this beautiful park getaway.Kids can enjoy rides just for them in Storytown and KIDZOPOLIS. The Great Escape also provides world class thrills with its highly-ranked wooden coaster The Comet, and Sasquatch, our awesome drop tower ride. There is something for everyone and a job for anyone. With so much to offer in terms of job opportunities, you'll enjoy a new "escape" each and every day.
Located near The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom is Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Waterpark, our year-round hotel with 200 guest suites. The Lodge encompasses a 38,000 square foot indoor water park, offering the warm splash of summer, even in the winter. Learn more about employment opportunities at Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Waterpark.
International Job Program
International Job Program
Six Flags Theme Parks offer over 2,500 great jobs for foreign students/participants throughout our award-winning parks in the United States. This year, you could be working in the U.S.A. and sightseeing in your spare time. If you're interested in having an experience of a lifetime, please apply through one of our partner agencies.
Six Flags will continue to provide job offers to qualified applicants after a successful interview. If selected, Six Flags will offer participants a minimum hours guarantee. The hours range from 30 to 35 (depending on time of year) with a minimum of 35 hours available during the summer season.
Six Flags has jobs in Ride Operations, Games and Attractions, Lifeguarding, Food Services, Entertainment, Ticket Selling, Safari Touring, and Guest Relations. Many of our parks have leadership positions available for qualified applicants. All our jobs require a great deal of interaction with our guests, so you will need a solid command of English. Our pay rates vary between different parks and positions.
Housing is provided for a fee for all Six Flags jobs. Housing varies by location. Most of our housing accommodations have kitchens. You'll be charged rent on a weekly basis and it will be deducted from your paycheck for convenience.
If you don't live close enough to walk to work, Six Flags will arrange transportation. Most parks charge a nominal fee for this service.
Most Six Flags Parks offer these benefits and more:
Discounts at in-park stores
Free park tickets
Flexible work schedules
Opportunity for additional hours (if available)
H2-B Visa Extensions - Limited Time
For a limited time, Six Flags is accepting applications for H2-B Visa Extensions. Please visit the link Alliance Abroad Group for further information and deadline.
HOW TO APPLY
All inquiries and applications should be directed to one of our partner agencies listed above. Please do not apply for positions through this website.
If you've got talent, we want to meet you. We're always in the market for gifted actors, singers, dancers, magicians, specialty acts, and performers of all types. Please bookmark this page and check back often for the latest casting audition notices.
There are currently no auditions scheduled.
Laughing, Learning, and Loving Your Job
This is your opportunity to find the kind of position that will make you truly love coming to work every day. The possibilities are endless! Six Flags offers real leadership opportunities, exclusive events, and unbelievable perks and discounts to our employees. You'll have fun working alongside other entertainment enthusiasts in any one of our amazing locations. There are so many advantages to working at Six Flags, and we want you to enjoy every one of them!