Experience the Best that Six Flags has to Offer.
There are many awesome reasons to work at Six Flags. Here’s just a taste of the benefits you won’t find anywhere else.
- Free Unlimited Admission for You and a Guest
- Flexible Schedules
- Exclusive Employee Events
- In-Park Discounts
Lifeguard (White Water Bay)Apply
Lifeguards provide a high level of safety and care in the waterpark by upholding the Six Flags and Ellis & Associates standards of safety.
- Attend and complete an Ellis and Associates National Pool and Lifeguard Training Program and be certified as a Special Facilities lifeguard
- Attend all related in-service training sessions
- Comply with all Great Escape Resort policies and procedures
- Operate ride attractions within the waterpark
- Assist Guests on and off the attraction
- Utilize the "10/20 Protection Rule" to prevent aquatic emergencies and to ensure that swimmers/ bathers are maintaining safe behaviors
- Perform rescues and utilize lifesaving techniques when required
- Operate in a safe manner
- Willfully perform duties in any department at The Great Escape Resort when necessary
- Be an active team member of the Operations Division and the Aquatics Department
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for guests and team members
- Attend Splashwater Kingdom lifeguard training and achieve ILTP licensure
- Follow all delegated tasks assigned by Aquatics Management or as stated in the Operations Standard Operating Procedures and the Ellis and Associates ILPT
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- Attend at least 4 hours of related in-service training sessions each month
- You will be certified by licensed instructors upon employment. No previous lifeguard certification is required
- Minimum 15 years of age for shallow water guard.
- Minimum 16 years of age for special facilities
- Must be able to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to complete pre-requisites and skills required to achieve "Special Facilities" certification
- For safety purposes, the individual must be able to communicate effectively in the English language, including the ability to read, speak, and understand the English language
- Ability to actively communicate with large groups of Guests.
- High level of enthusiasm and involvement
- Be available to work flexible hours at nights and on weekends within the limits of applicable Federal, State and facility labor laws and guidelines
Other Functions: All other duties assigned or necessary to support the resort as a whole.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technological developments) dictate.
Interested Candidates should submit an application at sixflagsjobs.com
Or text 'Great Escape' to 26232 for more information
Six Flags is a Smoke and Drug Free Equal Opportunity Employer
Park: The Great Escape Lodge-NY23