Featured Jobs at The Great Escape Lodge
Line Cooks / DishwashersApply
Summary of Jobs:
- Server: As a server at the resort, you will be responsible for providing ultimate service while creating a memorable experience for the guest by ensuring food and beverage orders are served in a well presented, consistent, and time efficient manner.
- Dishwasher: Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
- Cashier: Greet each guest courteously and in a professional manner. Perform efficient cash handling transactions. Maintain an environment of professionalism and knowledge of retail items. Ensure guest satisfaction and provide exceptional service. Promote teamwork and cooperation between co-workers, guests.
- Cook: As a cook for the Food Service team, you will be responsible for cooking and preparing all food while upholding and maintaining the NYS and Six Flags food service standards
- Acknowledging guests immediately and greet them in a professional and cheerful manner
- Check food to make sure of its quality and correct temperature as stated by NYS Department of Health
- Prepare food for cooking
- Responsible for accuracy of checks, cash, and credit card slip
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware, and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine, then sort and stack clean dishes
- Make sure kitchen is hygienic and functional
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles
- Serve the food and beverage properly and timely
- Help guests make informed decisions by having thorough menu and beverage knowledge
- Setup the front, tables, napkins, polish silverware/glassware, and check your station
- Comply with health laws, liquor laws, and safety guidelines
- Handle all equipment and supplies in a safe manner and protect supplies and equipment from damage and/or breakage
- Assist the Host/Hostess, bartender, and cashier whenever needed
- Complies with house rules and policies, safety standards, and Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Water Park Responsible Beverage Service Procedure
- Must be at least 16 years old for cashier, all other positions must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English
- Must have a professional, courteous and friendly manner, and an enthusiastic and service-oriented attitude
- Must be able to occasionally bend/stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level, crouch, kneel and repeatedly carry up to 50lbs and stand for several hours at a time
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Thorough knowledge of all menu items, ingredients, and wine, beer, and spirits list and ability to describe them to guests
- Possess ability to pay close attention to detail and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to project a professional appearance at all times
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and other shifts as necessary
Other Functions: All other duties assigned or necessary to support the resort as a whole.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technological developments) dictate.
Interested Candidates should submit an application at sixflagsjobs.com
Park: The Great Escape Lodge
The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom, Lake George, NY Queensbury
The Most Exciting Employer in the Adirondacks
With over 125 rides, shows and attractions, The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom is a true "escape" nestled in the pristine Adirondack Mountains. Included in general admission is a state-of-the-art outdoor water park. With so many things to do, there is a plethora of exciting job opportunities awaiting you today.
Two charming children's areas are the centerpiece of this beautiful park getaway.Kids can enjoy rides just for them in Storytown and KIDZOPOLIS. The Great Escape also provides world class thrills with its highly-ranked wooden coaster The Comet, and Sasquatch, our awesome drop tower ride. There is something for everyone and a job for anyone. With so much to offer in terms of job opportunities, you'll enjoy a new "escape" each and every day.
Located near The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom is Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Waterpark, our year-round hotel with 200 guest suites. The Lodge encompasses a 38,000 square foot indoor water park, offering the warm splash of summer, even in the winter. Learn more about employment opportunities at Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Waterpark.
International Job Program
International Job Program
Six Flags Theme Parks offer over 2,500 great jobs for foreign students/participants throughout our award-winning parks in the United States. This year, you could be working in the U.S.A. and sightseeing in your spare time. If you're interested in having an experience of a lifetime, please apply through one of our partner agencies.
Six Flags will continue to provide job offers to qualified applicants after a successful interview. If selected, Six Flags will offer participants a minimum hours guarantee. The hours range from 30 to 35 (depending on time of year) with a minimum of 35 hours available during the summer season.
Six Flags has jobs in Ride Operations, Games and Attractions, Lifeguarding, Food Services, Entertainment, Ticket Selling, Safari Touring, and Guest Relations. Many of our parks have leadership positions available for qualified applicants. All our jobs require a great deal of interaction with our guests, so you will need a solid command of English. Our pay rates vary between different parks and positions.
Housing is provided for a fee for all Six Flags jobs. Housing varies by location. Most of our housing accommodations have kitchens. You'll be charged rent on a weekly basis and it will be deducted from your paycheck for convenience.
If you don't live close enough to walk to work, Six Flags will arrange transportation. Most parks charge a nominal fee for this service.
Most Six Flags Parks offer these benefits and more:
Discounts at in-park stores
Free park tickets
Flexible work schedules
Opportunity for additional hours (if available)
H2-B Visa Extensions - Limited Time
For a limited time, Six Flags is accepting applications for H2-B Visa Extensions. Please visit the link Alliance Abroad Group for further information and deadline.
HOW TO APPLY
All inquiries and applications should be directed to one of our partner agencies listed above. Please do not apply for positions through this website.
If you've got talent, we want to meet you. We're always in the market for gifted actors, singers, dancers, magicians, specialty acts, and performers of all types. Please bookmark this page and check back often for the latest casting audition notices.
There are currently no auditions scheduled.
Laughing, Learning, and Loving Your Job
This is your opportunity to find the kind of position that will make you truly love coming to work every day. The possibilities are endless! Six Flags offers real leadership opportunities, exclusive events, and unbelievable perks and discounts to our employees. You'll have fun working alongside other entertainment enthusiasts in any one of our amazing locations. There are so many advantages to working at Six Flags, and we want you to enjoy every one of them!