FULL-TIME JOB OPENING
Safety and Security Manager
Six Flags is seeking a dynamic individual with the ability to develop, implement, and maintain targeted security and safety objectives at Frontier City and White Water Bay in Oklahoma City. Qualified candidates will be required to drive results by guiding the Safety/First Aid and Security teams, evaluating performance, analyzing trend data and identifying opportunities to continuously improve Safety and Security performance.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for the development, implementation and sustainment of key safety programs for both Oklahoma properties.
- Ensures ongoing development of Safety and Security personnel to achieve a high performing team culture.
- Provides and coordinates departmental training to meet all company standards related to Security and Safety protocols and procedures.
- Collaborate with all park management on Safety and Security-related issues.
- Formulate action plans and analyze data/trends to drive continuous performance improvements and incident reduction.
- Responsible for developing an operating budget for the department, managing expenditures, and monthly financial forecasts.
- Maintains documentation as required by internal guidelines and state mandates if applicable.
- Serves as park Duty Manager as assigned.
- Develops emergency response plans in partnership with the Safety Team and park leadership.
- Acts as liaison with outside law enforcement agencies.
- Responsible for fire protection programs to include fire system monitoring, inspections, and servicing.
- Responsible for Safety and Security-related investigations and reporting.
- Background in Safety and/or Security Operations in a Retail, Event or Theme Park industry preferred with 3 plus years' experience in at a leadership level preferred.
- Knowledge and application of relevant regulatory and industry standards, best practices, and guidelines (e.g., confined space, control of hazardous energy, hazard communication, incident investigation, and root cause analysis)
- Self-driven and resourceful professional with the ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse difficult situations.
- Proven flexibility and ability to operate in an evolving work environment while driving change initiatives.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Willingness to work extended shifts, nights and weekends regularly with the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time outdoors in extreme heat and sun.
- Degree in Criminal Justice or Environmental Health and Safety preferred.
- Possess or be able to obtain a state vehicle driver's license.
- Must meet all state requirements if applicable related to Security regulatory compliance within 60 days.
- Achieve the DHS Active Shooter Instructor Certification and OSHA 30 General Industry Certificate within 12 months.
- Ability to become a qualified ADA Coordinator within 12- 18 months.
Park: Frontier City
Laughing, Learning, and Loving Your Job
This is your opportunity to find the kind of position that will make you truly love coming to work every day. The possibilities are endless! Six Flags offers real leadership opportunities, exclusive events, and unbelievable perks and discounts to our employees. You'll have fun working alongside other entertainment enthusiasts in any one of our amazing locations. There are so many advantages to working at Six Flags, and we want you to enjoy every one of them!