Six Flags is seeking a dynamic individual with the ability to develop, implement, and maintain targeted security and safety objectives at Frontier City and White Water Bay in Oklahoma City. Qualified candidates will be required to drive results by guiding the Safety/First Aid and Security teams, evaluating performance, analyzing trend data and identifying opportunities to continuously improve Safety and Security performance.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for the development, implementation and sustainment of key Safety and Security programs for both Oklahoma properties.
- Manage compliance standards and completion of documentation with all State and Local Environmental Protection Agencies, OSHA, and State and Local Fire Boards
- Support and enforce Corporate Risk Management Policies, Safety Initiatives and Security SOPs.
- Ensure ongoing development of Safety and Security personnel to achieve a high performing team culture.
- Provide and coordinate departmental training to meet and comply with company Safety and Security standards.
- Implement and maintain the Safety & Risk Manual, Emergency Response Manual, Safety Awareness Manual, and Safety and Risk Management Standard Operating Procedures documents.
- Collaborate with all park management and key park personnel on Safety and Security practices.
- Formulate action plans and analyze data/trends to drive continuous performance improvements and incident reduction.
- Responsible for developing an operating budget for the department, managing expenditures, and completing monthly financial forecasts.
- Maintain documentation as required by internal guidelines and state mandates, if applicable.
- Maintain park wide Document Retention program.
- Manage all litigation, General Liability claims, and Workers Comp investigations.
- Serve as park Duty Manager as assigned.
- Act as liaison with outside law enforcement agencies.
- Responsible for fire protection programs to include fire system monitoring, inspections, and servicing.
- Responsible for Safety and Security-related investigations and reporting.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Background in Safety and/or Security Operations in a Retail, Event or Theme Park industry preferred with three plus years' experience in a leadership capacity.
- Knowledge and application of relevant regulatory and industry standards, best practices, and guidelines (e.g., confined space, control of hazardous energy, hazard communication, incident investigation, and root cause analysis).
- Self-driven and resourceful professional with the ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse difficult situations.
- Proven flexibility and ability to operate in an evolving work environment while driving change initiatives.
- Excellent written, verbal, computer and presentation skills.
- Willingness to work extended shifts, nights and weekends regularly with the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, crouch, climb, bend, stoop, kneel, and lift up to forty pounds occasionally.
- Degree in Criminal Justice or Environmental Health and Safety preferred.
- Possess or be able to obtain a state vehicle driver license.
- Must meet all state requirements, if applicable, related to Security regulatory compliance within 60days or time period mandated by statute.
- Achieve the DHS Active Shooter Instructor Certification and OSHA 30 General Industry Certificate within 12months.
- Ability to become a qualified ADA Coordinator within 12- 18 months.
Park: Frontier City
Laughing, Learning, and Loving Your Job
This is your opportunity to find the kind of position that will make you truly love coming to work every day. The possibilities are endless! Six Flags offers real leadership opportunities, exclusive events, and unbelievable perks and discounts to our employees. You'll have fun working alongside other entertainment enthusiasts in any one of our amazing locations. There are so many advantages to working at Six Flags, and we want you to enjoy every one of them!