Experience the Best that Six Flags has to Offer.
There are many awesome reasons to work at Six Flags. Here’s just a taste of the benefits you won’t find anywhere else.
- Free Unlimited Admission for You and a Guest
- Flexible Schedules
- Exclusive Employee Events
- In-Park Discounts
RIDE MECHANIC - OKLAHOMA CITY
The Ride Mechanic will inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and refurbish amusement rides and their subsystems. This individual will ensure all rides and equipment comply with all operating standards and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, build, repair and troubleshoot rides and attractions both mechanically and electrically to ensure their safe and efficient operation.
- The Ride Mechanic will perform visual and auditory inspections of rides and attractions.
- The Ride Mechanic will maintain proper records for all inspections, maintenance and repairs performed.
- Work in conjunction with other staff to resolve any ride-related or facilities issues.
- Keep a ride parts inventory and notify the supervisor of any materials necessary to ensure safe and continuous operation.
- Ensure that rides and facilities are clean and visually compliant with manufactures specifications and parks expectations.
- Ensure manufacturer specifications and state regulations are complied with and documented in a timely manner.
- Inspect rides and attractions daily
- Ability to comprehend and implement maintenance and inspection procedures
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Background in machine repair, including the ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and electro-mechanical systems.
- Prior experience with mechanical/electro-mechanical maintenance on aircraft, heavy equipment or industrial machinery desired.
- Previous theme park experience is a plus. The desire to become certified technician within the amusement park industry.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic and maintain focus on safety.
- Candidates must possess the ability to read, write and communicate effectively with other personnel sufficiently perform the key duties of the Ride Mechanic.
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent; additional training or background experience in welding, machining and the understanding of electrical/hydraulic/pneumatic schematics and control systems is beneficial.
- Must provide tools and other equipment
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Drivers license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, crouch, twist, push, and lift for brief and/or extended periods of time
- Must be able to walk comfortably throughout the course of the day over various surfaces
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions including exposure to direct sunlight.
- Must be able to lift, carry, move, and/or position items weighing up to or in excess of 75 pounds.
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds consistently and carry over 25 feet of various surfaces
- Must be able to lift and lower 25 pounds above shoulder level
- Able to work at heights over 200 ft.
Park: Frontier City-OK43