Featured Jobs at Six Flags Great Adventure
Rule breakers better watch out when you're on our security team. You'll spend the summer patrolling parking lots and controlling metal detectors, checking everything from guests' bags to employee badges. You'll protect our people and our property -- all while securing valuable law experience and rewarding benefits.
What You Will Be Doing
- Interact with guests providing directions and assistance
- Protect employees, guests, and company property
- Enforce park policies
- Control park access, checking vehicle permits and scanning ID badges for team members, vendors, and contractors
- Patrol and inspect assigned areas of the park
- Keep unauthorized personnel out of restricted areas
- Greet and screen entering through metal detection and check their bags for prohibited items
- Rapidly respond to active alarms, first aid, and other emergency situations
- Monitor all areas for safety hazards, including fire, theft, and vandalism
- Maintain ride queue lines, sending line jumpers to the back to ensure an efficient boarding process
- Write detailed reports of damage, incident logs, and security records
- Apprehend violators, including on-foot pursuits when necessary
- Escort guests and team members as needed for assistance and protection
How You Will Do It
- Ability to work in an environment as fast-paced as our coasters
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and commitment to safety
- Strong attention to detail
- Enforce all park policies and procedures
- Cautious and reliable
- Remain calm in emergency situations
What You Will Need
- Must be 18 years or older
- Able to lift, carry, and balance heavy loads
- Physical qualifications to stand, walk, stoop, bend, and reach throughout your shift
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Park: Six Flags Great Adventure
Six Flags Great Adventure & Safari, Jackson, NJ Jackson
Six Flags is the largest employer in Ocean County
At Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari, we do everything in a BIG way. At 510 acres, we're the world’s largest theme park. Right next door is Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, one of the largest water parks in the Northeast. With tremendous opportunities for seasonal and full-time growth, we would love for you to become part of the Six Flags family.
During peak season, 4,100 Team Members are employed at Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari in jobs from “A to Z” – accounting through zoology, along with lifeguards and a variety of additional team members at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor.
Six Flags is the largest employer in Ocean County and the largest seasonal employer in New Jersey. With so much to offer, you'll enjoy a new adventure each and every day.
Six Flags Great Adventure is looking for the best and the brightest to participate in a program unlike any other. We want people with ambition, drive, a passion for learning, and a desire to grow within the world's largest regional theme park company.
WHAT CAN SIX FLAGS DO FOR YOU?
When it comes to internships, there are those made for watching and those made for doing. Which would you rather do? Here at Six Flags, we believe that the best way for you to learn is by getting involved and being a part of the process.
As many professionals will tell you, the world of business is as much about who you know as it is about what you know, and hardest part is just "getting your foot in the door." One of the most beneficial parts of this program is the personal time you will get with industry leaders specializing in your field.
Develop Transferable Skills
Even if you choose not to stay in the amusement park industry, working at Six Flags will help you develop skills that you can take with you anywhere you go.
Varies by department and position. Most interns are hired in supervisory positions and are paid an hourly rate. 25-35 hours guaranteed. 45-60 hours per week is preferred with educational curriculum.
HR, Marketing, Zoology.
Internships run approximately 10-24 weeks. Spring/Summer semesters are available.
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis, depending upon the desired semester to work.
Along with the work Interns will be doing, you will also be invited to attend trainings to accentuate your Internship experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Simply apply online at sixflagsjobs.com
You may email your resume to:
Simply call (732) 928-2000 x2635. Details regarding any of our internships are available to you, as well as direct contacts to all of our Management Team.
If you've got talent, we want to meet you.
We're always in the market for gifted actors, singers, dancers, magicians, specialty acts, and performers of all types. For up to date information regarding Auditions, please visit our Events Page on sixflags.com.
Tips for Talent
- Arrive early to the audition.
- Bring snacks and water.
- Auditions are open to participants only.
- Bring updated headshots and resumes, if available.
- Apply online prior to the audition.
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor, Jackson, NJ Jackson
Six Flags is the largest employer in Ocean County
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor is one of America's largest water parks. During peak season, we employ more than 400 lifeguards and Team Members. With tremendous opportunities for seasonal and full-time growth, we would love for you to become part of the Six Flags family.
Along with Six Flags Great Adventure, we're the largest employer in Ocean County and the largest seasonal employer in New Jersey. With so much to offer, you will enjoy a new adventure each and every day.
Laughing, Learning, and Loving Your Job
This is your opportunity to find the kind of position that will make you truly love coming to work every day. The possibilities are endless! Six Flags offers real leadership opportunities, exclusive events, and unbelievable perks and discounts to our employees. You'll have fun working alongside other entertainment enthusiasts in any one of our amazing locations. There are so many advantages to working at Six Flags, and we want you to enjoy every one of them!