Featured Jobs at Six Flags Great America
DESCRIPTION: Rule breakers better watch out when you're on our security team. You'll spend the summer patrolling parking lots and controlling metal detectors, checking everything from guests' bags to employee badges. You'll protect our people and our property -- all while securing valuable law experience and rewarding benefits.
What You Will Be Doing
- Interact with guests providing directions and assistance
- Protect employees, guests, and company property
- Enforce park policies
- Control park access, checking vehicle permits and scanning ID badges for team members, vendors, and contractors
- Patrol and inspect assigned areas of the park
- Keep unauthorized personnel out of restricted areas
- Greet and screen entering through metal detection and check their bags for prohibited items
- Rapidly respond to active alarms, first aid, and other emergency situations
- Monitor all areas for safety hazards, including fire, theft, and vandalism
- Maintain ride queue lines, sending line jumpers to the back to ensure an efficient boarding process
- Write detailed reports of damage, incident logs, and security records
- Apprehend violators, including on-foot pursuits when necessary
- Escort guests and team members as needed for assistance and protection
How You Will Do It
- Ability to work in an environment as fast-paced as our coasters
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and commitment to safety
- Strong attention to detail
- Enforce all park policies and procedures
- Cautious and reliable
- Remain calm in emergency situations
What You Will Need
- Must be 18 years or older
- Able to lift, carry, and balance heavy loads
- Physical qualifications to stand, walk, stoop, bend, and reach throughout your shift
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Park: Six Flags Great America
Six Flags Great America, Chicago, IL Gurnee
Work at Six Flags Great America
Six Flags Great America is looking for hard-working, dedicated and enthusiastic individuals who are ready to utilize their talent with a challenging and rewarding position. Students, teachers, moms, dads, seniors, and individuals of all cultures are encouraged to apply.
Bookmark this page today and check back frequently to see all the latest available jobs.
Join the extreme Social Network at Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor! Apply now and get ready for all of our fantastic perks and benefits. We guarantee on-the-job excitement, with the opportunity to meet new friends and learn new skills—while getting paid! Enjoy a flexible schedule — perfect for anyone looking for some extra cash — unlimited admission and park discounts. We even offer scholarships, instant cash rewards, paid internships and much, much more! Whether your idea of fun is working as a lifeguard, in retail, guest services, performing in a show, making funnel cakes — or maybe running one of our 14 coasters… there’s something for everyone. So if you're looking for an exceptional place to work — Go Big, Go Six Flags!
If you've got talent, we want to meet you. We're always in the market for gifted actors, singers, dancers, magicians, specialty acts, and performers of all types. Please bookmark this page and check back often for the latest casting audition notices.
- All persons hired must provide their own transportation to and from the park.
- College Credit can be earned by performers, technicians and wardrobe personnel.
- Availability for rehearsals/performances is mandatory and plays a major factor in being hired
- Please bring up-to-date availability information with you. If hired, your schedule will be based on this information.
- Performers should bring a non-returnable photo and resume to the audition.
- We strongly encourage performers from all cultural backgrounds to audition.
TIPS FOR TALENT
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled audition time.
Please bring a recent headshot and resume with current contact information.
If you plan to audition with a musical number, please bring the sheet music or a backing track on CD.
Please review the audition material requirements. If you are asked to audition with a monologue, please come prepared with a monologue.
Please do not email or call us after your audition. A Six Flags talent representative will call you.
Please review the age, availability, transportation, and skill set requirements before auditioning. There is no point in auditioning for any role if you do not meet the requirements listed in the casting notice.
Laughing, Learning, and Loving Your Job
This is your opportunity to find the kind of position that will make you truly love coming to work every day. The possibilities are endless! Six Flags offers real leadership opportunities, exclusive events, and unbelievable perks and discounts to our employees. You'll have fun working alongside other entertainment enthusiasts in any one of our amazing locations. There are so many advantages to working at Six Flags, and we want you to enjoy every one of them!