Featured Jobs at Darien Lake
HVAC Technician (Full Time/Year Round)Apply
Responsible for maintaining, repairing and trouble shooting heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, walk-in freezers, walk-in coolers, reach-in freezers, reach-in coolers, ice machines, refrigerators, air conditioners, heating, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To operate within the policies and procedures of Darien Lake Theme Park & Resort.
- To keep all work areas clean, safe and in a professional manner.
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs repeatedly, work outside in the elements, and lift 50# without injury. If prosthesis is needed to meet these requirements, it must be used while on duty.
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision. Corrective lenses, if required, must be worn on duty.
- Possess normal or average corrected hearing (defined as 25 decibels or better in the frequency range of 500hz-4000hz considered normal speech frequency range). If corrective device is worn, it must be worn while on duty.
- Must possess a valid NYS Driver's License.
- Must be able to fulfill requirements for and obtain a Darien Lake Driver's License.
- Must be available to work all shifts whether they are morning, afternoon, or evening hours.
- Must be available work Monday through Sunday.
- All other duties assigned or necessary to support the park as a whole and the Electrical department. Management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances dictate.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Universal EPA certification in the handling of refrigerant.
- Minimum 3 years experience in refrigeration.
- Minimum 1 year experience in HVAC related position.
- Valid state Driver's License and successful completion of Darien Lake Vehicle Training Program.
- Posses soldering, brazing techniques, mathematical and metering skills.
- Possess basic knowledge of electricity and electronics including AC/DC voltages, 120/240, 208, 277 and 480 volts, single and three phases.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, maps, diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Ability to work in new and existing construction.
- Experience or willingness to learn the safe and proper operation of specialized equipment as needed.
- Possess strong administrative skills including computer literacy, organization, labeling and documentation.
- Possess an aptitude to handle guest relations in a positive manner.
- Must provide own hand tools.
Park: Darien Lake
Laughing, Learning, and Loving Your Job
This is your opportunity to find the kind of position that will make you truly love coming to work every day. The possibilities are endless! Six Flags offers real leadership opportunities, exclusive events, and unbelievable perks and discounts to our employees. You'll have fun working alongside other entertainment enthusiasts in any one of our amazing locations. There are so many advantages to working at Six Flags, and we want you to enjoy every one of them!