Experience the Best that Six Flags has to Offer.
There are many awesome reasons to work at Six Flags. Here’s just a taste of the benefits you won’t find anywhere else.
- Free Unlimited Admission for You and a Guest
- Flexible Schedules
- Exclusive Employee Events
- In-Park Discounts
JOB PURPOSE: Ensure guest satisfaction through a properly maintained property, guest room, and by responding promptly andefficiently to guest complaints and concerns. Know all fire and safety rules, regulations and policies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot all manageable mechanical operations and equipment including, the following areas:
- Electrical-switches, lamps/ballasts, electrical receptacles, etc.
- Plumbing- fixtures repair and replacement, pvc/cu pipe, drain clearing and repair, water heater, etc.
- Carpentry- drywall, wall paper, painting, caulking, tile repair and replacement windows, doors, locks (VING), furniture repair, etc.
- HVAC-service of PTACs and RTU's, exhaust units, ice machines etc.
- Mechanical-equipment maintenance (washer, dryer, vacuum cleaners, plaza gates etc.)
- General up keep of areas around hotel including pool deck, parking lot, etc.
- Other general repairs as necessary
- Possess a good mechanical knowledge of how to safely operate and maintain all tools.
- Respond to and complete all work orders in a timely manner, closing out as completed.
- Provide a high level of indoor air quality.
- Maintain and fully understand VING Card System.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Keep all work areas, shop and guest rooms neat and orderly.
- Maintain proper inventory levels.
- Perform daily Building/Room Audits.
- Check all exterior lighting, public area lighting, and signage daily. This includes: parking lot lights, high rises, entrance signs, walking lights, corridor, lobby and elevator.
- Be punctual in reporting to work in the proper uniform with a name tag. Personal hygiene is required daily.
- Help maintain the overall appearance of the hotel's public space, pool, hallways, and parking lot to help maintain a safe environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3 years maintenance/engineering experience in a hotel or related field.
- An ability to work safely and confidently with un-energized circuits from 120v.-480v.
- Proven organization and time management skills.
- Guest focused, optimistic, self-disciplined, self-starter.
- Problem solver, self motivated, ability to learn more skills to better serve guests and the company.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- NYS Driver's License
- Radio must be worn and used
All other duties that are assigned or necessary to support the park as a whole and the Accommodations Department. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technical developments) dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and/stand/and walk for long periods of time throughout the day
- Must be able to work outdoors at various times throughout the year
- Requires manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor skills, hand/eye coordination, near vision, hearing and speech
- Requires occasional kneeling and bending
- Requires occasional walking, reaching above shoulder, pushing and pulling
- Requires working at heights of up to 15 feet using ladders, scaffolding, or lift equipment
- Requires occasional lifts and carries up to 50 pounds and lifts up to 100 pounds
- Requires occasional carries up to 190 pounds with the assistance of a two wheel hand truck
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level is generally moderate.
Park: Darien Lake Seasonal-NY46