Experience the Best that Six Flags has to Offer.
There are many awesome reasons to work at Six Flags. Here’s just a taste of the benefits you won’t find anywhere else.
- Free Unlimited Admission for You and a Guest
- Flexible Schedules
- Exclusive Employee Events
- In-Park Discounts
JOB PURPOSE: Participate in daily operation of all show areas while focusing on safety, guest service, staff performance, show quality, venue cleanliness, repair and maintenance for all equipment, sets, and props in all aspects of show operations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONBILITIES
· Continuously strive for high quality in guest service, safety, show content, consistency and entertainment image.
- Adhere to all operating procedures as outlined in the standard operating procedures guide. This includes, but not limited to completing pre-opening safety checklists, pre-show checklists, show operations, cleanliness, trouble-shooting, repair and maintenance concerns, set, and prop rehab.
- Understand the nature of the shows, the safety aspects of the shows, and the integrity of characters, and all other show personnel.
- Assisting with keeping the characters "real" to all of the guests and park personnel at all times.
- Participate in all preparatory events for show areas including set load-in/load-out, rehearsals, building & equipment maintenance, show supplies and inventories.
- Ensure all assigned duties prior to house open are performed and that the show is ready to start on time with all necessary items and staff.
- Assisting guests to their seats and proper exits before, during, and after shows.
- Answering and assisting guests with questions or concerns they may have about the park.
- Maintenance and documentation relating to, but not limited to: sets, equipment, props, attendance figures, guest incidents, cleanliness and evacuation procedures.
- Assist fellow technicians and performers with any and all safety, set, prop, and costume concerns.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of all items with the Entertainment Supervisor.
- Assures quality, while enforcing established procedures as outlined in the Standard Operations Procedures Manual for all technical staff in performance of their duties.
- Execute assigned duties while adhering to procedures per the standard operations procedure manual and safety guidelines.
- Adhere to all company, park, and departmental policies, procedures, and safety rules.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Have had 2 years experience in entertainment technical fields and/or equivalent related experience through training or education.
- Applicant must be minimum age of 18 years.
- Ability to make quick decisions regarding safety concerns without additional assistance from supervisory or co-team member's assistance
- Knowledge of the operation of all necessary equipment, sets, props, sound, and lighting equipment within the given venues
- Team player
- Problem Solver
- Ability to effectively communicate through both oral and written skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions
- Must be able to work both in/outdoors
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Any and all other duties that is assigned or necessary in order to support the Operations Department and the park as a whole. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, staff levels, or technical developments) dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and/stand/and walk for long periods of time throughout the day
- Must be able to work outdoors at various times throughout the year
- Requires manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor skills, hand/eye coordination, near vision, hearing and speech
- Requires occasional kneeling and bending
- Requires occasional walking, reaching above shoulder, pushing and pulling
- Requires occasional lifts and carries up to 60 pounds
- Requires occasional carries up to 100 pounds with the assistance.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This position requires occasional work in or around water, confined spaces-cramped quarters, heights, noise, little to no light, detergents/chemicals, mechanical hazards, moving objects, fumes/odors, dust, mists, gases, or vibrations. The noise level is generally moderate.
Park: Darien Lake Seasonal-NY46