Experience the Best that Six Flags has to Offer.
There are many awesome reasons to work at Six Flags. Here’s just a taste of the benefits you won’t find anywhere else.
- Free Unlimited Admission for You and a Guest
- Flexible Schedules
- Exclusive Employee Events
- In-Park Discounts
JOB PURPOSE: Oversee the daily operation of the show areas, while focusing on guest service, performance quality, venue cleanliness, show throughput, safety, repair and maintenance of all equipment, props, and costumes. Oversee all staff in that venue, and coordinate effective staff relationships during all aspects of show operations. The Supervisor is responsible for the safe operation of the show while in constant communication with the staff. Supervisor Oversees the training programs and technical production for the Entertainment Team.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Continuously strive for high quality in guest service, safety, team member relations, show content, and entertainment image.
- Adhere to all operating procedures as outlined in the standard operating procedures for the positions they are staffing. This includes, but is not limited to completing pre-opening safety checklists, pre-show checklists, performance, show operations, cleanliness, trouble-shooting repair and maintenance concerns, show safety officer, costume rehab, and props.
- Maintain an environment that keeps safety the number one concern for guests and team members.
- Specifically oversee the daily operation in regards to the following: performance, set and show safety, sets, props, costumes, equipment maintenance, equipment use training, supply inventories, daily reports, and staff scheduling.
- Oversee the training of all team members as outlined by the standard operating procedures, general departmental training, and their specific job titles, duties, and responsibilities.
- Oversee the training of all team members as to the proper standard operating procedures regarding safety procedures, evacuation, fire, and other emergency situations.
- Coordination between performers and technicians to ensure the highest of quality and safety is in all operational aspects.
- Address concerns of coaching and counseling with all team members, while promoting a positive working environment.
- Oversee break periods, rotations, and between show times, while adhering to all labor laws, park, and departmental policies.
- Maintain staffing levels as set forth by the show in the standard operating procedures and operational budget.
- Trouble shoot in the areas of electrical, mechanical, lighting, and audio.
- Pre-season show set up, cleaning, rehabbing of equipment, rehearsals, and production meetings.
- Maintenance and documentation relating to, but not limited to sets, equipment, props, and costumes. Coordination of the repair and maintenance to all such items.
- All daily written reports, coordinating staff schedules, show schedules, show reports, costume logs, and constant communications with the Operations Department regarding the show operation.
- Maintain a well-trained staff capable of handling any situation and implementing the highest of safety and quality.
- Coordinate and communicate with all individual lead positions regarding technical, performance, and guest relations.
- Facilitate both proactive and reactive safety responses to emergency situations. This includes contacting park leadership and informing them of the situations as well as appropriate park emergency response personnel.
- Enforce park policy in a manner conducive to being an advocate for the guest, while still adhering to park rules and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Has had 2 years experience in guest services or entertainment fields and/or equivalent related experience through training or education.
- Applicant must be minimum age of 18 years
- Must have friendly and approachable personality
- Be capable of making fast and accurate decisions in the event of guest or employee incidents.
- The ability to look ahead and prevent accidents before they happen. This includes show choreography, falls, weather and facility conditions.
- The ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Must maintain a high level of excitement and guest interaction throughout long shifts.
- Must have excellent customer service skills with a positive, pleasant, helpful and interactive personality.
- Ability to effectively communicate through both oral and written skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Able to work alone with little supervision
- Work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and a six-day workweek as required.
Any and all other duties that is assigned or necessary in order to support the Operations Department and the park as a whole. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, staff levels, or technical developments) dictate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit and/stand/and walk for long periods of time throughout the day
- Must be able to work outdoors at various times throughout the year
- Requires manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor skills, hand/eye coordination, near vision, hearing and speech
- Requires occasional kneeling and bending
- Requires occasional walking, reaching above shoulder, pushing and pulling
- Requires occasional lifts and carries up to 60 pounds
- Requires occasional carries up to 100 pounds with the assistance.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This position requires occasional work in or around water, confined spaces-cramped quarters, heights, noise, little to no lighting, detergents/chemicals, mechanical hazards, moving objects, fumes/odors, dust, mists, gases, or vibrations. The noise level is generally moderate.
Park: Darien Lake Seasonal-NY46