Experience the Best that Six Flags has to Offer.
There are many awesome reasons to work at Six Flags. Here’s just a taste of the benefits you won’t find anywhere else.
- Free Unlimited Admission for You and a Guest
- Flexible Schedules
- Exclusive Employee Events
- In-Park Discounts
Electrician (Full Time/Year Round)Apply
Responsible for installation, troubleshooting and repair of electrical services for the maintenance department.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain electrical, lighting, control systems and equipment throughout the property including but not limited to sub-stations, transformers, above and below ground transmissions, panels, ballasts, motors, contactors, and floats including voltages ranging from 12-50 volts DC and 120-480 AC single and three phases. Must also be comfortable working around 4800 volt primary systems.
- Ensure timely response, diagnosis and repair of all assigned systems and equipment.
- Ability to locate underground utilities.
- Adhere to Arc-Flash, PPE, LOTO and NEC requirements.
- Ensure the inspection and safe operation of power tools, ladders and equipment.
- Provide safe, tidy user-friendly work areas.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide fluent and consistent communication with management and corresponding departments.
- Withstand pressure under potentially stressful or critical conditions.
- Report and/or eliminate all unsafe conditions, injuries and damaged equipment to the appropriate department(s).
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and 6 day work weeks if needed.
- Operate within and frequently review the policies and procedures of Darien Lake and corresponding department.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years electricity/electronics vocational or equivalent certification.
- Minimum 3 year combined experience in residential, commercial and/or industrial wiring and controls.
- Arc-Flash and NEC orientation required within 60 days of employment.
- Experience in the safe and proper operation of specialized equipment including tow motors, bucket trucks, scissor lift, tractor, etc as needed.
- Valid state Driver's License.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, maps and diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Ability to work in new and existing construction
- Ability to prioritize and manage daily assigned tasks incorporating preventative maintenance practices.
- Possess administrative skills including organization and documentation.
- Possess an aptitude to handle guest relations in a positive manner.
- Posses soldering, metering and measuring, mathematical, piping, circuit tracing and mechanical skills.
- Possess positive and productive leadership skills.
- Must provide own hand tools.
Park: Darien Lake-NY45