Experience the Best that Six Flags has to Offer.
There are many awesome reasons to work at Six Flags. Here’s just a taste of the benefits you won’t find anywhere else.
- Free Unlimited Admission for You and a Guest
- Flexible Schedules
- Exclusive Employee Events
- In-Park Discounts
Accountant (Full Time / Year Round)Apply
JOB PURPOSE: To maintain the invoices, purchase orders, and related payment information for all Six Flags Darien Lake transactions with vendors.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain up to date paid invoice and open purchase order files.
- Process pre-approved invoices into the Great Plains Accts Payable module. Maintain the open invoice file until the invoice is paid. Check invoices for proper tax payment and process any needed use tax entry related to the invoices.
- Review the cash requirement with the Director of Finance weekly to determine the invoices that will be released for payment. Process agreed invoices for payment and prepare the checks and supporting documents for signature.
- Ensure end of the month balance represents the month's activity and correct any differences.
- Maintain an updated vendor file with current and required data. (1099, phone, contact name, Fed. ID#).
- Review vendor statements and research past due outstanding issues.
- Assist in maintaining the inter-office correspondence flow.
- Maintain Capital report / tracking process. Issue weekly, monthly and funding reporting as needed.
- Provide assistance and coverage to the Cash Control department operation.
- Provide support to other areas of Finance as determined necessary by the Director of Finance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Education and /or experience equivalent to an Associate degree in related discipline preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Detail and goal oriented and able to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional appearance
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, nights and non-traditional hours in season
- Working Knowledge of A/P processes, Great Plains and Microsoft Office a plus
Park: Darien Lake-NY45