Event & Catered Outing Intern (Paid)Apply
Role Summary: This is a seasonal position designed to assist in the coordination and support of all Group Sales events. This position will support the Sales Executives, their clients and their events, while contributing to the park and departmental goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and assist Sales Executives with daily outings and in-park events.
- Serve as a liaison with clients as their events approach, confirming event details, creating internal documents related to the events, executing or helping execute the events, and exceeding the customer's expectations.
- Work closely with catering and maintaining a positive and professional relationship.
- Maintain picnic reservation book and the organization of client files.
- Coordinate the daily submission of reports, paperwork, contracts and client tickets if necessary.
- Work closely with Sales Executives regarding needs of clients.
- Assist with taking meal tickets at picnics, and directing clients.
- Willingness to assist with all aspects of event set-up and clean-up.
- Ability to work up to six days a week in order to provide coverage for outings and events.
- Maintain and manage a positive work environment by interacting in a professional and polite manner with clients, co-workers and management.
- Assist the Sale Executives with park tours, as needed.
- Immediately address customer questions or concerns. Provide top-notch customer service at all times.
- Assist Inside Sales Coordinators as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Sales or Event planning experience preferred.
- Ability to build a strong rapport both within and outside of the organization.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work unsupervised is essential.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends, evenings, holidays, and complete non-routine tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to reach up to 7 feet high, twist, bend, kneel, lift and carry items up to 20 lbs.
- Candidate should be detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a clear driving record.
Park: Six Flags America-MD09