Featured Jobs at Six Flags America
Acts as the communications hub for security and park operations. Responsible for controlling radio traffic, dispatching units, maintaining electronic inventory, and alarm monitoring.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor phone and radio traffic for calls for service and dispatch appropriate units.
- Make routine all-band announcements communicating attendance, ride operations, statuses, and other pertinent information.
- Document and communicate park attendance, ride throughput, weather conditions, and ride wait times hourly to all park leadership and operational units.
- Document all events during calls for service electronically via ReportExec Dispatch System.
- Monitor alarm system for triggered alarms and coordinate with alarm company, local authorities, and park security units to respond.
- Document findings of building checks, fire watches, and park patrol observations.
- Inventory and distribute radios, keys, and other park assets to operational units.
- Monitor general area CCTV surveillance systems for guest traffic.
- Act as a liaison between county dispatcher, local law enforcement, and park management.
- Testify to observations, actions, and reports when required.
- Prepare legal documentation of reports.
- Answer all guest and team member questions in a friendly manner and give appropriate guidance.
- Adhere to all Six Flags and departmental policies.
- Function as an integral team member of the department and park.
- Maintain and manage a positive work environment by interacting in a professional and polite manner with guests, team members, and park management.
- Comply with all Six Flags America guidelines and polices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports directly to the Operations Supervisor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to build a strong rapport both within and outside of the organization.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and listening skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in an independent, fact-paced setting.
- Will be required to sit, stand, kneel, bend, and/or crouch for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends, evenings, holidays, and complete non-routine tasks as assigned.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions including extreme cold and heat.
Park: Six Flags America
Six Flags America, Baltimore/Washington, DC Bowie
Come Work at the Nation's Capital of Thrills.
Conveniently located between Washington, Baltimore, and Annapolis, Six Flags America is Maryland's only theme park and the nation's capital of More Fun. With more than 100 rides - including 10 roller coasters - games, shows, and attractions, we have thrilling job opportunities for everyone.
From exhilarating coasters like BATWING and SUPERMAN: Ride of Steel to dining experiences such as the Johnny Rocket's and Cold Stone Creamery, plus daily shows and concerts and special events all season long, there's no shortage of stimulating employment positions. With opportunities in rides, foods, retail, park services, entertainment, and guest relations, you'll be sure to find a perfect job match.
Within Six Flags America, Hurricane Harbor water park features 19 thrilling slides and water attractions. It's a great way to spend a summer cooling off in Hurricane Bay, one of the country's largest wave pools, or defying gravity on Halfpipe, a four-story slide. There's also the Wahoo River, a lazy river ride for the whole family and Buccaneer Beach for the youngest water lovers.
With so much to offer our Guests, our exciting positions are sure to present new adventures for you each and every day.
Six Flags America is looking for the best and the brightest to participate in a program unlike any other. We want people with ambition, drive, a passion for learning, and a desire to grow within the world's largest regional theme park company.
WHAT CAN SIX FLAGS DO FOR YOU?
When it comes to internships, there are those made for watching and those made for doing. Which would you rather do? Here at Six Flags, we believe that the best way for you to learn is by getting involved and being a part of the process.
As many professionals will tell you, the world of business is as much about who you know as it is about what you know, and hardest part is just "getting your foot in the door." One of the most beneficial parts of this program is the personal time you will get with industry leaders specializing in your field.
Develop Transferable Skills
Even if you choose not to stay in the amusement park industry, working at Six Flags will help you develop skills that you can take with you anywhere you go.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Our interns are PAID! Pay rate varies by position. Most interns are hired into managerial or supervisory positions, with 25-35 hours a week guaranteed.
Internships are approximately 10-20 weeks, depending on department and position.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis depending on department, but positions are limited.
This program is open to any college student currently enrolled in an accredited university or technical school. All majors are encouraged to apply. For more information, contact Ashley Williams, Recruiting Supervisor, (301) 249-1500 ext.3233 or email email@example.com.
CURRENT INTERN POSITION LISTINGS
Learn about our Human Resources Internship position.
International Jobs Program
Six Flags Theme Parks offer over 2,500 great jobs for foreign students / participants throughout our award winning parks in the United States. This year, you could be working in the U.S.A. and sightseeing in your spare time. If you're interested in having an experience of a lifetime, please apply through one of our partner agencies.
Six Flags will continue to provide job offers to qualified applicants after a successful interview. If selected, Six Flags will offer participants a minimum hours guarantee in 2016. The hours range from 30 to 35 (depending on time of year) with a minimum of 35 hours available during the summer season.
Six Flags has jobs in Ride Operations, Games and Attractions, Lifeguarding, Food Services, Entertainment, Ticket Selling, Safari Touring, and Guest Relations. Many of our parks have leadership positions available for qualified applicants. All our jobs require a great deal of interaction with our guests, so you will need a solid command of English. Our pay rates vary between different parks and positions.
Housing is provided for a fee for all Six Flags jobs. Housing varies by location. Most of our housing accommodations have kitchens. You'll be charged rent on a weekly basis and it will be deducted from your paycheck for convenience.
If you don't live close enough to walk to work, Six Flags will arrange transportation. Most parks charge a nominal fee for this service.
Most Six Flags Parks offer these benefits and more:
Discounts at in-park stores
Free park tickets
Flexible work schedules
Opportunity for additional hours (if available)
HOW TO APPLY
All inquiries and applications should be directed to one of our partner agencies listed above. Please do not apply for positions through this website.
Six Flags America is holding Entertainment Auditions for the 2019 season! Auditions will be held on Saturday, February 16th and Sunday, February 17th from 11:00 – 5:00 in the Human Resources building for the following positions:
TIPS FOR TALENT
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled audition time.
Please bring a recent headshot and resume with current contact information.
If you plan to audition with a musical number, please bring a backing track on CD.
Please review the audition material requirements. If you are asked to audition with a monologue, please come prepared with a monologue.
Please do not email or call us after your audition. A Six Flags talent representative will call you.
Please review the age, availability, transportation, and skill set requirements before auditioning. There is no point in auditioning for any role if you do not meet the requirements listed in the casting notice.
Laughing, Learning, and Loving Your Job
This is your opportunity to find the kind of position that will make you truly love coming to work every day. The possibilities are endless! Six Flags offers real leadership opportunities, exclusive events, and unbelievable perks and discounts to our employees. You'll have fun working alongside other entertainment enthusiasts in any one of our amazing locations. There are so many advantages to working at Six Flags, and we want you to enjoy every one of them!