Costuming Supervisor (Part-Time)Apply
Position Summary: Six Flags America is seeking a creative and energetic leader to join our Entertainment team as a Costuming Supervisor. This position is directly responsible for developing creative concepts and design for all costumes. Also responsible for overseeing the maintenance, appearance, cleanliness, and function of all wardrobe and costumes for the Entertainment department.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design costume concepts for all shows, special performances, appearances, advertising, and events.
- Launder costume pieces daily according to recommended guidelines.
- Repair costumes including sewing, patching, and stain removal.
- Assemble costumes from design patterns.
- Assist with appearances at special events, off property events, media events, etc.
- Transport costumes to and from venues and the laundry facilities.
- Maintain positive interaction with all guests and fellow Team Members.
- Develop a break schedule that adheres to Labor Laws on the State, Federal, and Park level.
- Maintain paperwork documentation regarding inspection checklists, training checklists, and labor monitoring.
- Report any necessary major costume maintenance and repair issues for consideration for third party repairs in a timely manner.
- Maintain costume character standards as set forth by Warner Bros. and DC Comics.
- Monitor team member demeanor and performance reward, motivate, and/or reprimand as needed.
- Serve as a Park Guest Service Ambassador and work to resolve all guest concerns brought to your attention.
- Operate in a safe and efficient manner at all times while holding safety to highest regard.
- Recruit, hire, and train costuming tailors, makeup artists, and costuming assistants.
- Keep all areas clean, organized, and sanitary for all guests and cast members.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Reports directly to Entertainment Full-Time Supervisor.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with experience training and motivating a team.
- Proficiency with a sewing machine with aptitude to follow design patterns to build costumes.
- General knowledge of acceptable care guidelines for varying fabrics.
- Candidate should be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a clear driving record.
- Must be proficient in basic mathematics.
- Will be required to work various shifts as project and park needs dictate, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess interpersonal communication skills; must feel comfortable interacting with all types of guests and cast members.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have the ability to stand, walk, crouch, bend, stoop, kneel and lift, push, and pull up to fifty pounds occasionally.
Park: Six Flags America-MD09